Laser hair reduction is a treatment that uses laser energy to destroy hair follicles. The service effectively reduces hair growth on the face, legs, bikini line, and other body areas. Laser hair reduction is safe and effective for most skin types and can be used to treat a wide range of hair colors, particularly dark hair. The treatment is most effective when performed by a qualified and experienced practitioner. Visit the team at Edgebrook Dermatology in Rockford, Illinois to enjoy smoother skin through laser hair reduction.
Benefits of Laser Hair Reduction
The benefits of laser hair reduction are clear--by reducing the number of hair follicles, the laser can limit the amount of hair that grows back. This can lead to a more refined appearance, enhanced self-confidence, and reduced anxiety about hair growth or other hair reduction methods. Additionally, many people find that laser hair reduction is more comfortable and longer-lasting than other methods, such as waxing or threading.
The other benefits include:
- You can maintain smooth skin and reduce ingrown hairs.
- Laser hair reduction is an affordable treatment option.
- There is no downtime required for laser hair reduction.
- Laser hair reduction is safe and relatively painless.
- Little to no hair growth in areas of concern, creating less need to regularly shave.
How To Prepare for Laser Hair Reduction
Laser hair reduction is a popular treatment that can effectively decrease or eliminate unwanted hair. It is a straightforward and quick service. That said, there are a few things that you will need to do to prepare for laser hair reduction, including:
- Schedule a consultation with a qualified provider to see if laser hair reduction is suitable for you
- Ask the provider about the type of laser they use and if it is FDA-cleared for your skin type
- Determine if you have any medical conditions that could make laser hair reduction unsafe or effect your treatment series and results
- Avoid sun exposure before treatment and wear sunblock between treatments to avoid darkening of the skin
- Shave the entire treatment area before each session
- Arrive freshly bathed with completely clean skin free of oils, lotions, or makeup
- Discontinue any waxing, threading, bleaching, or any other hair removal method that removes the roots for 4 full weeks
What Happens During Laser Hair Reduction?
Laser hair reduction is a patient favorite cosmetic treatment that uses a laser to destroy hair follicles below the skin's surface. The process is often painless and doesn’t take long to complete. Your provider will pass a device over your skin that fires rapidly. The treated area may feel slightly warm to the touch, and some areas may feel like a hot rubber-band snap. Some minor side effects are possible, such as inflammation and sensitivity, but they are generally minimal and resolve within a few days.
How Many Treatments Will I Need?
Laser hair reduction using CynoSure Elite iQ is a reliable treatment for reducing hair growth. It is a safe and effective way to combat unwanted hair. The number of treatments required will vary depending on the individual's skin type, hair density, medical or hormonal conditions, and desired outcome. Generally, patients will need a series of treatments to achieve satisfactory results. Our team will design a customized plan to meet your unique needs.
When Will I See Results After Laser Hair Reduction?
Results vary based on factors such as the treated area and the color of your hair. Many people see an improvement after several treatments, including softer, thinner hairs growing at a slow and steady rate, but it can take months for full results. Ask our providers what you may be able to expect from laser hair reduction.
Ready to Enjoy Silky Smooth Skin?
While many methods of hair removal are available, laser hair reduction is one of the most effective. This service uses high-intensity lasers to target the hair follicles, often resulting in permanent hair reduction. If you are interested in laser hair reduction, schedule an appointment with us at our Rockford, IL, location. Give us a call at 815-229-9333.